Since Gina is such an amazing blogger, I often read her posts and wish i could write cool posts like her. However, hers always seem so smart and well thought out, and I feel like that would take a lot of work for me to do. So instead of trying to write witty posts like hers, I am jsut going to copy her idea from her last post (Because she is cool and because I am really bored haha). So, I am dedicating this post to you and your ideas Gina...Consider it called "raindrops on roses: the less cool version." So as I lay in bed and rethink the day, these are the things that make me smile...
1. Living next to the ocean with perfect weather everyday. This was one of the main reasons I moved out here to San Diego, but I didnt realize just how important it was in my life until I got here. I wake up everyday to a breeze from the ocean coming through my window and I look outside and it is sooo amazing. I no longer sleep til 2 in the afternoon (unless I am extremely hungover) because I don't want to miss out on the day. It is amazing and I wake up before 10am everyday even when I have nothing to do! I never cared about this back in the Midwest adn I would spend so many days locked up in my apt. the entire day or sleeping til the late hours of the afternoon. Here I can't stand it to stay in my place. Even if I have nothing to do I love just walking around outside, going for runs on the beach, and doing ANYTHING I can outside. It is a crazy cycle, but the weather makes me happy and want to be active outside, and being active and running makes me more happy and healthy, and all of a sudden I am this really happy healthy person...its strange, but very good.
2. Trashy reality TV shows. Although this basically goes against the last thing I wrote about hating to stay in my apt., I really love my trashy reality TV watching late at night. I can't fall asleep unless the TV is on and there is nothing better late at night than completely mindless reality TV that is on MTV, VH1, or BRAVO. The past few nights I have fallen asleep to I Love Money, Making the Band, Project Runway, Real Housewives of Orange County, and the most common show, Brooke Knows Best. These shows really makes me smile because they are entertaining and I can always know that I have more direction in my life than many of the crazy people on these shows.
3. Text Messaging. I don't atcually know what I would do without it. As many of my friends know it is my preferred method of communication because they can call me and I won't answer, but if they text me I will reply immediately. Even though I have been much better lately about calling people to keep in touch, I still love the ease of text messaging when you can just write something short to a friend to let them know you miss them or are thinking of them. In addition to this, text messaging is possibly the best thing ever when it comes to drinking. I am an avid drunk text messager and although I wake up most mornings and cringe when I read the things I wrote the night before, I am pretty used to embarassing myself so I don't really care and ussually my texts are so priceless that they are just way more entertaining than embarassing. I mean there is "Work it!Were heed! Get on the poo" or "I will pin you against the wall, rare you twica and leave you with those babies. How do you feel about that? special?" or there is my texting sent from Gina's phone to her friend as I pretended to be her saying "get here now, Katie wants on" or something to that effect (which I thought I sneakily deleted so she couldnt see, but a second after I handed her the phone back she found it!). And not only my texting, but I love that drunk text messages have become such a common occurance among all of my friends. I love all of the texts I randomly get from Mike at around 2am that are song lyrics such as "hey hey you you I don't like your girlfriend", or are comments about some type of food or ranch he had that was the most amazing thing ever. I also love the texts I get from Gina that are somewhat close to making sense, but really don't at all. I can always tell that she thinks she makes a ton of sense, but I never have any idea what she is talking about (i.e. last night and "I make sense! Bryce and Stevi are the main attraction! we didnt drive downtown bs it lets in water. As for guys why does mike struggle with girls AKA me"). All I know is that I would have a lot of trouble communicating my thoughts with people and that drinking wouldnt be nearly as fun without texting, and that is why it always makes me smile.
4. Finally, I know I am super cheesy, but my amazing friends from Madison always make me smile. I never thought I would make such great friends in college, but I finally decided to let a few of my friends in and now they are never gonna be able to get rid of me (haha you are all stuck with me!!) But when I look back on the amazing times that we all had second semester junior year and all of senior year, those times would have been nothing with my friends. I mean I love hanging out with all of my friends, but there are a certain few (and you know who you are) that I would have gona absolutely insane without. College wouldnt have been half as fun if I hadnt been friends with them, and all of our memories, which I cant stop thinking or writing about, will always make me smile :)
p.s. I miss you all and as much as the weather, trashy TV, text messaging, and memories that I have with everyone make me smile, not having you all here does not make me smile! Seatle and Minneapolis are not as cool as here, so you all need to get your asses here now and make me smile again!
1 comment:
When you juxtapose mine and Mike's drunken texts, we seem like a freaking match made in heaven. I remain certain that Bryce and Stevi were the main attraction, and the rest of my text can be called belligerent rambling... haha
Post a Comment